Nationwide Service & Delivery Call 1800 676 666 Contactless Covid-19 Procedures
Nationwide Service & Delivery Call 1800 676 666
Last updated: July 06, 2020
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
* You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Under GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), You can be referred to as the Data Subject or as the User as you are the individual using the Service.
* Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Jacobsen Chairs Ltd., Ballybane Industrial Estate, Tuam Road, Galway. H91 E8P6.
For the purpose of the GDPR, the Company is the Data Controller.
* Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under
common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or
more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote
for election of directors or other managing authority.
* Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
* Website refers to Jacobsen Back Support Chairs, accessible from
* Service refers to the Website.
* Country refers to: Ireland
* Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used. For the purpose of the GDPR, Service Providers are considered Data Processors.
* Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social
network website through which a User can log in or create an account to
use the Service.
* Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or
For the purposes for GDPR, Personal Data means any information relating to You such as a name, an identification number, location data, online
identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical,
physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
* Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing
history on that website among its many uses.
* Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
* Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example,
the duration of a page visit).
* Data Controller , for the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection
Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person which alone or
jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
* Email address
* First name and last name
* Phone number
* Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can instruct Your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a
Cookie is being sent. However, if You do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close your web browser. Learn more about cookies: [All About Cookies (https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/cookies/).
We use both session and persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
* Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services
available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its
features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of
user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
* Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
on the Website.
* Functionality Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language
preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more
personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences
every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
* To provide and maintain our Service , including to monitor the usage of
* To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the
Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different
functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered
* For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and
undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services
You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
* To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other
equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile
application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative
communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted
services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for
* To provide You with news, special offers and general information about
other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those
that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted
not to receive such information.
* To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
* With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with
Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to
* For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
* With Affiliates: We may share Your information with Our affiliates, in
Affiliates include Our parent company and any other subsidiaries, joint
venture partners or other companies that We control or that are under
common control with Us.
* With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
* With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise
interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be
viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You
interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media
Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see
Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly,
other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity,
communicate with You and view Your profile.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s
operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the
processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
information represents Your agreement to that transfer.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
If the Company is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, Your
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
* Comply with a legal obligation
* Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
* Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
* Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
* Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under GDPR
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
* Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
* Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual
* Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance
with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
* Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect
Your vital interests or of another natural person.
* Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is
carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official
authority vested in the Company.
* Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the
purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Company.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis
that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of
Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement
necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
* Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or
delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to
receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
* Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have
the right to to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold
about You corrected.
* Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are
relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and
there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want
to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also
have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for
direct marketing purposes.
* Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to
delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to
continue processing it.
* Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to
a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured,
commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only
applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for
Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
* Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on
using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and
opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our
collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Your California Privacy Rights (California’s Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798 (California’s Shine the Light law),
California residents with an established business relationship with us can
request information once a year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you’d like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California
residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites,
services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or
information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if you are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with Your account.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
* By phone number: 091 752179
…putting your back first
Tel: 1800 676 666
All prices are shown exclusive of vat @ 23%
Ballybane Industrial Estate,
77 Lower Camden Street,